- (Hawaiian mythology) The Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanos.
- (Hawaiian mythology) Pele
- (rare) A female given name.
Old Hawaiians believed that naming a child Pele is dangerous unless the name was specially revealed in a dream.
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1971, page 396
- Martha Warren Beckwith, Hawaiian Mythology, Yale University Press 1940
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 2 women and 3 men.