Jump to navigation Jump to search
President (plural Presidents)
- An honorific for the head of state of a republic; see president (definition 1).
- the President of the United States
- 1971, Lyndon Johnson, The Vantage Point, Holt, Reinhart & Winston, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 39:
- I was not just the President of Southern Americans or white Americans. I was the President of all Americans. I believed that a huge injustice had been perpetrated for hundreds of years on every black man, woman, and child in the United States. I did not think that our nation could endure much longer as a viable democracy if that injustice were allowed to continue.
- Used for anyone who has had the office of head of state, even if not currently in office.