After Don Quixote.
Quixote (plural Quixotes)
- Someone resembling Don Quixote; someone who is chivalrous but unrealistic; an idealist. [from 17th c.]
- 1723, Charles Walker, Sally Salisbury:
- I had once determined to fix the terrible Name of some Man of War in the Front of your History, a perfect Hero, that should like another Quixot defend your Reputation right, or wrong [...].
- 1929, Cecil Day Lewis, Transitional Poem:
- Few things can more inflame / This far too combative heart / Than the intellectual Quixotes of the age / Prattling of abstract art.