Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reverend (plural Reverends)
- A title indicating respect, prefixed to the names of Christian clergy.
- Alternative letter-case form of : a person who has received this designation and is entitled to use it publicly: a minister.
- In especially formal usage, often preceded by the definite article and followed by the person's full name, as in "the Reverend John William Smith". Since the title is adjectival in origin, it can also precede other titles, as in "the Reverend Doctor John William Smith".
- Most Reverend
- Reverend Gentleman (referring to a clergyman)
- Right Reverend (referring to an Anglican bishop)
- Very Reverend
honorary title added to the names of Christian clergy
minister — see reverend