Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: senne
- As a German surname, spelling variant of Senn.
- As a French surname, from Old French sené (“sage, wise”).
- As an Italian surname, spelling variant of Senna, from the placenames Senna Lodigiana and Senna Comasco, both possibly from Etruscan 𐌔𐌄𐌌𐌍𐌀 (semna). Also from senna (“cassia plant”), from Arabic سَنَا (sanā, “plant whose leaves has cathartic properties”).
Senne (plural Sennes)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Senne is the 29334th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 806 individuals. Senne is most common among White (95.29%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Senne”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.