Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A television show for children on PBS, associated with politically correct educational content.
1996, Laurie Gunst, Born Fi' Dead: A Journey Through the Jamaican Posse Underworld, page 171:
- She parked the car on Rogers Avenue, which she called "Sesame Street," "for the unpredictable theatrics of its inhabitants."
2002, Joan Elizabeth Lloyd, If it Feels Good: Using the Five Senses to Enhance Your Lovemaking, page 39:
- A friend of mine described it as "Sesame Street" for adults and that's not a bad characterization.
- 2003, William C. Doster, Elizabeth Schmid, Adrian W. Poitras, Ruth Ward, How to Prepare for the CLEP, page 96:
- The Sesame Street Generation, as some teachers are calling the group of children now in high school, know their numbers and the letters of the alphabet.
- 2003, Vonette Z. Bright, Nancy Moser The Sister Circle, page 124:
- "You can't do that if your time is consumed with patty-cake and Sesame Street." Summer turned toward Tessa. "I'm too old for Sesame Street. I know my ABCs."
- a. 2005, Alex Irvine, "Pictures from an Expedition", in Gordon Van Gelder, ed., Fourth Planet from the Sun: Tales of Mars from The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (2005), page 253:
- It means that even when we go to Mars, we have to look like the cast of Sesame Street.
2005, Kevin O'Brien, The Last Victim, page 86:
- Bridget slipped into the room, which had been decorated with a Sesame Street motif.
- 2007 October 24, Benedict Carey, "New studies suggest sleep is vital to learning and memory", International Herald Tribune (France):
- The task looks as simple as a "sesame street" exercise. Study pairs of Easter eggs on a computer screen and memorize how the computer has arranged them .
- 2007 November 9, gay.com > music: emerging artists > watch now: cazwell's "watch my ...Gay.com UK:
- "i wanted 'sesame street' on acid and that's pretty much what i got."
- 2007 November 13, SUN Weekend (Antigua and Barbuda):
- [I]n Sesame Street style one kept saying “pea” while the other countered “nut” both words just began to blend until they came up with “peanut”.
- 2007 November 18 (Sunday), Joann Klimkiewicz, "Fugheddaboud what you think you know about Brooklyn", The Hartford Courant:
- Find the park's western edge and spill out into aptly named Park Slope -- a crown jewel of Brooklyn neighborhoods. Its tree-lined streets, romantic brownstones and cozy cafes emanate a family-friendly, Sesame Street vibe.