Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: shad
- As an Urdu and Persian surname, from شاد (šâd, “glad, cheerful”). This surname is mostly found in Pakistan.
- As an English surname, from the noun shad.
- As a German surname, Americanized from Schade, itself related to Schaden (“damage”).
Shad (plural Shads)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Shad is the 35582nd most common surname in the United States, belonging to 632 individuals. Shad is most common among White (49.53%) and Asian/Pacific Islander (39.56%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Shad”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.
- English terms borrowed from Urdu
- English terms derived from Urdu
- English terms borrowed from Persian
- English terms derived from Persian
- English terms derived from German
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English countable proper nouns
- English surnames
- English surnames from Persian
- English surnames from Urdu