Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (fandom slang) The ship of characters Harry Potter and Severus Snape of the Harry Potter series.
- 2009, David Templeton, "One geek over the line", Pacific Sun, 17 July 2009:
- "Snarry is part of a subgenre of fan fiction called Slash," she says. "Snarry depicts romantic relationships between Harry Potter and Severus Snape, together - Snarry. […]
- 2009, Lev Grossman, "Notes from Azkatraz, a Harry Potter Convention", Time, 22 July 2009:
- Snarry slash people (ie people who write fan fiction about Snape and Harry getting it on till the break o’dawn) are super-intense. Seriously that is one rich, rich subculture.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:Snarry.