Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: snoopy
- Charlie Brown's pet beagle in the comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz; often representing doggish soulfulness.
1978 January 20, “A Day For Dogs And Dog Lovers”, Milwaukee Journal:
- Some dogs will be back porch familiars — beagles with soulful, Snoopy eyes: Dalmatians with spots; bassets with mitten ears; Siberian huskies with wolfish voices; Collies that look just like Lassie.
2005, Russell Dale Guthrie, The nature of Paleolithic art, pages 93:
- My daughter calls these "Snoopy eyes" after the childlike presentation of the beagle in Schulz's cartoon Peanuts.
2006 April 14, “Good Grief! A Student Musical.”, The Virginian Pilot:
- Mary Mann, another sophomore, sits on the roof of a red dog house, giving her most enigmatic Snoopy look.
2009, Douglas Hamilton, Beverly Hills Beauty Secrets, pages 161:
- Being excessive or overzealous only gives the patient a surprised “Snoopy” look.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:Snoopy.