Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: 'stōn āj", IPA(key): /ˈstəʊn ˌeɪdʒ/
- (US) enPR: 'stōn āj", IPA(key): /ˈstoʊn ˌeɪdʒ/
- (archaeology) A broad prehistoric period during which humans widely used stone for toolmaking.
- (figurative, informal) Any extremely primitive or undeveloped era.
- If they attack our country, we'll bomb them back to the Stone Age!
- (figurative) The time a particular field was introduced and was in its earliest stages of development.
- (archaeology): Lithic
informal: any extremely primitive or undeveloped era
figuratively: the time a particular field was introduced