Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: 'stōn āj", IPA(key): /ˈstəʊn ˌeɪdʒ/
- (US) enPR: 'stōn āj", IPA(key): /ˈstoʊn ˌeɪdʒ/
- (archaeology) A broad prehistoric period during which humans widely used stone for toolmaking.
- (figuratively, informal) Any extremely primitive or undeveloped era.
- If they attack our country, we'll bomb them back to the Stone Age!
- (figuratively) The time a particular field was introduced and was in its earliest stages of development.
- (archaeology): Lithic
informal: any extremely primitive or undeveloped era
figuratively: the time a particular field was introduced
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked