Since Merriam-Webster has credited Gary Carter with this term, why would it be absent from the etymology? -- 220.127.116.11 12:38, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- There are several possibilities...
- We didn't get around to it, with so many other entries to work on already.
- None of us knew about it.
- There are no other sources to confirm it.
- —CodeCat 12:54, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
- It was on this page, and was deleted, it had a source that confirmed it attached -- 18.104.22.168 05:08, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Here's a further source, in addition to the one that was on the page at the time the etymology was removed. Daily Mail specifically posits that Gary Carter coined the term -- 22.214.171.124 07:03, 20 August 2012 (UTC)