Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

I have also seen hod used in the UK as the metal supports upon which pots and pans rest upon a stove. In middle English it was the grate upon which pots and kettles rested in the cooking process.

You're not thinking of hob, are you? Or perhaps they're related? Equinox 22:03, 18 October 2009 (UTC)