Talk:reverse domestic violence
The following information passed a request for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- I think it should be kept. Google suggests the term is actually used, and it is not a transparent phrase, especially given our definition of domestic violence: reverse doesnt normally mean "in which the woman beats the man", but is referring to an underlying cultural assumption which is being reversed, and will need to be spelled out for people who are not familiar with the English term "domestic violence" and its connotations. [If this were wikipedia though, I could see it being deletable on such a ground.] —Muke Tever 16:14, 27 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep for the reason given by Muke. Ncik 27 Mar 2005
- Delete Reasons: 1) Same as SemperBlotto. 2) With only 44 google hits, and most were for dicussions on how to reverse or eliminate domestic violence, this term is no where near common enough to fit the Wiktionary:Criteria_for_inclusion. 3) This is really two words, reverse and domestic violence, and both are already sufficiently defined. Well, maybe reverse could use a little work. ;) --220.127.116.11 15:49, 8 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- So there weren't even three independent uses in the sense given? -dmh 17:22, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- very very weak keep 40 Google hits and at least three independent usages (so while I don't like the criteria it does meet the criteria at Wiktionary:Criteria_for_inclusion). However, the definition needs to be modified. Here's are some examples:
- Geared toward children ages 5-14, the goal is to reduce, prevent and potentially reverse domestic violence by starting young. (not a viable citation)
- "Reverse" domestic violence in which the former victim now abuses or neglects the weaker former abuser (possible a viable citation)
- Della's Web The twisted story of a suburban black widow that continues to gain national media attention, tells the tale of Della's many husbands who suffered a strange form of reverse domestic violence. (Citation 1)
- Can the song even be interpreted as a meditation on reverse domestic violence? (Citation 2)
- After taking this course I am able to notice what I would like to call a “reverse domestic violence” setting in my home. (Citation 3)
- Also, I cleaned it up to make it more accurate. Kevin Rector 06:50, 28 Apr 2005 (UTC)