Taswegian (plural Taswegians)
- (Australia, navy, slang) A Tasmanian seaman.
- (Australia, humorous, sometimes pejorative) An inhabitant of Tasmania.
- 2005, Beverly Walton, Watermarks: A Tasmanian Journal, page 25:
- The town is filled with lovely, lovely Taswegians, the kindest and most generous people I have ever met.
- 2009, Justine Vaisutis, Australia, Lonely Planet, page 32,
- The new year is also vigorously celebrated further south during the Hobart Summer Festival (p646), when Taswegians stuff themselves with food, wine and song.
- 2011, Teri Louise Kelly, Punktuation, page 57:
- That was when I learned that every Taswegian worth his salt carries an axe in his boot and, more often than not, two in case of axe-less friends.