This template is used to display the headword-line of Catalan nouns.
The template adds the entry to Category:Catalan nouns. As with other Wiktionary part of speech templates, please do not use
This template contains the necessary meta-data to allow users who are using accelerated editing to create any grammatical forms semi-automatically.
It uses Module:ca-headword as a back-end, which supports a general set of parameters applicable to all Catalan headword-line templates. See there for more information. The following parameters are available for nouns specifically:
|1||The gender. It accepts m, f, m-p, f-p or mf.|
|2||The plural form. Use - if the noun is uncountable.|
|pl2||The second plural, see desig for an example.|
|f||Equivalent feminine form.|
|m||Equivalent masculine form.|
If not specified, the plural form is chosen by default based on some rules. These rules usually generate the correct form, but not always, so always check to see if it's correct!
- If the word ends in -a, replace it with -es and change the final consonant if necessary.
- If the word ends in a vowel with an acute or grave accent (-à, -ó and so on), remove the accent and add -ns. (Note: some nouns only have -s, the default is not applicable then.)
- If the word ends in -s, -ç, -x or -z and is masculine, add -os. If the word ends a vowel with an acute or grave accent followed by -s (so -às, -és etc), the accent is removed. (Note: the ending -os should only be added if the final syllable is stressed, but the template cannot determine this. If another syllable is stressed, the default will probably be incorrect.)
- If the word ends in -s and is feminine, no ending is added. If it ends in -ç, -x or -z, the normal ending -s is added, but it is silent.
- If the word ends in -sc, -st or -xt, then add -s, and choose a second plural based on the gender: if it's masculine, add -os, and if it's feminine, add -es.
animal m (plural animals)
biblioteca f (plural biblioteques)
pòquer m (uncountable)