Japanese parts of speech other than nouns, verbs, and adjectives.
The first parameter was previously used to indicate the script, but this is now done automatically so this should be omitted unless you want to use either of the following:
- s shinjitai (simplified kanji)
- ky kyūjitai (traditional kanji)
Use the last two only when it is important to show both forms, e.g. on individual characters, or when the word is archaic, and should say it is kyūjitai.
The other unnamed parameter is the part of speech:
- proper (for proper noun)
- suffix (e.g. auxiliaries)
- prefix (e.g. prenominals)
- classifier (count words)
- counter (count words)
Other parameters specify other forms. You do not need to wikilink them because the template will do it.
- hira= hiragana
- kata= katakana
- rom= romaji (automatic)
Romaji is automatic but may be overridden manually.
- kyu= kyūjitai (use only if entry is s)
- shin= shinjitai (use only if entry is ky)