Tony the Tiger
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A cartoon character used by Kellogg Company to promote its Frosted Flakes (Frosties) cereal.
1994, Christopher Golden, Of Saints and Shadows, page 79:
- "That so, Tony the Tiger? Then how come you're here." "Your wife sent me to ask what you wanted for breakfast, […] .
- 1997, Jonathan Lethem, "Light and the Sufferer", in The Wall of the Sky, the Wall of the Eye, page 143:
- "Very funny", said Don, "He's harmless, he's our - what, mascot." Like Tony the Tiger. Smoke rock—it's grrrreat!"
- 2002, Will Shetterly, "Splatter", in Neil Gaiman, ed., Sandman, page 126:
- He hesitated inside the door, then answered Hunter's glance. "I'd kind of hoped so be met by Tony the Tiger or Captain Crunch. Don't the companies give you posters or free T-shirts or free samples or anything?"
2003, Janet Evanovich, One for the Money, page 752:
- If they were good enough for Tony the Tiger, they were good enough for me.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:Tony the Tiger.