User:Lingo Bingo Dingo
|Search user languages or scripts|
|This is a Wiktionary user page.|
If you find this page on any site other than Wiktionary you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wiktionary itself. The original page is located at
Hello, I'm Lingo Bingo Dingo, or "LBD" or any one of the three components for short.
My interests are in West-Germanic and Semitic languages and in some of the older conlangs. My main activity is adding new lemmas and checking/updating existing lemmas, particularly in Dutch. Things I like to add are words with multiple etymologies, calques, heteronyms, obsolete terms and citations.
My native language is Dutch and I speak a Hollandic dialect. Maybe I'll one day add an idiolect section.
Beside the languages indicated in my Babel box, I also have some knowledge of Latin, Ancient Greek, Coptic and Biblical Hebrew.
- User:Lingo Bingo Dingo/FWOTD
- User:Lingo Bingo Dingo/FWOTD help
- User:Lingo Bingo Dingo/Indonesian/Word list
Some entries I've created
- gaan met die banaan
- na mij de zondvloed
- van de gekke zijn
- zijn pappenheimers kennen
- Delpher (digital newspaper corpus)
- DBNL (text database)
- Etymologiebank (etymological database)
- Geïntegreerde Taalbank (dictionaries for Dutch (also Old and Middle Dutch) and West-Frisian)
- Meertens Dialectwoordenboeken (dialect dictionaries, unfortunately restricted to dialects in the Netherlands)
Things to do:
- Remove usage examples by Verbo that reference to spanking minors, per WT:USEX, "be friendly".
- Many common words of one or two syllables still lack IPA transcriptions.
- A lot of senses need to be tagged (Netherlands) or (Belgium).
- Many etymologies that present terms as borrowed from French were in fact borrowed from Middle French or Old French, and may therefore have been inherited from a Middle Dutch word.
- Some definitions by Verbo contain non-extant literal senses or obsolete or incorrect scientific names.
- Many IPA transcriptions give supposedly phonemic distinctions between Belgian Dutch and Dutch Dutch that are spurious and completely useless, these often contain serious errors as well.
Also, Dutch terms that derive from German are often included with exclusively Dutch etymologies, which are in fact their surface analyses. This is in particular the case for compounds and requires some special attention.
- staat van beleg
If you want to check whether Volapük forms are attested, I recommend Wikisource.
- Scans (PDF format) at Generala Ido-Libreyo.
- Gallica for L'Espérantiste/Langue Auxiliaire.
- One issue of Nia Standardo.
- […] it is clearly a racist opinion of User:Lingo_Bingo_Dingo
- IP contributor in an edit summary
- The Economist about a Brexit scenario: "It would be a purer but rather powerless sort of sovereignty."
- Simon Jenkins in The Guardian picturing the political response to the Brussels bombings from the attackers' perspective: "Crowned heads deluged me with glorious odium."
- Walter Scott, "The Gay Goss-hawk", The poetical works of Sir Walter Scott: first series, containing Minstrelsy of the Scottish Border, Sir Tristrem, and Dramatic Pieces, Baudry's European Library (publ.), 1838, page 189.
- She has ta'en her to her bigly bour / As fast as she could fare; / And she has drank a sleepy draught, / That she had mix'd wi' care.
-  
- als je wat wil bijverdienen