User:The Anome/Webster's Dictionary (1913)
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The markup on the original is not perfect, and my machine-wikification leaves something to be desired, but is at least a good first pass for later work.
- I have linked words in definitions, that are:
- five or more letters long
- not in a list of the 4000 most common words taken from a sample of the dictionary's own definitions.
- Sources are linked as follows: [[Shakespeare (source)|Shakespeare]].
- Parts of speech are linked as follows: [[Noun (part of speech)|Noun]].
For an example, see abate.
-- The Anome 22:53 Dec 15, 2002 (UTC)