Polish Language Council has decreed, that Kościół in the sense of institution as well as gathering of believers must be capitalized. The protocol in Polis is here: http://www.oke.jaworzno.pl/egzaminatorzy/religijne.pdf
- But this is the lowercased version I'm asking you about. So you're saying basically that Kościół means both Church and church - but where does that leave kościół ? --Ivan Štambuk 15:05, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
You are right, it's my fault. Kościół = Church and kościół = church. But I don't have any idea how it could be properly renderd in Wikitionary. Should there be another page for kościół or just info should be added on existing one?
- Created Kościół and formatted it as a ==Proper noun==. I've linked to the same pronunciation file as kościół, as they should sound the same AFAIK. Now, I'm not sure at this point, given your last paragraph, whether Kościół means both Church and church, and I'll leave to you that decision. I just wanted to inform you of the possibility of creating capitalized entries at separate pages. This is the usual practice to distinguish common and proper nouns around here (note the difference, as opposed to Wikipedia).
- I was rude not to give you the usual welcome message, so I'll transclude it in the section below, if you don't mind ^_^ Cheers! --Ivan Štambuk 01:13, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
Hello, and welcome to Wiktionary. Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- Wiktionary Tutorial
- How to edit a page
- How to start a page
- Our format guidelines (nicknamed "ELE")
- Criteria for inclusion (nicknamed "CFI")
- Wiktionary Sandbox (a safe place for testing syntax)
- What Wiktionary is not
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! By the way, you can sign your name on Talk (discussion) and vote pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~, which automatically produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to one of the discussion rooms or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Ivan Štambuk 01:13, 17 May 2008 (UTC)