The English Wiktionary uses sysop-patrolling of Special:RecentChanges, so that vandalism can be picked off more leisurely. Known good accounts can be added to the "autopatrolled" group, so that their contributions don't appear on that list. Known good IP addresses can be added to MediaWiki:Gadget-PatrollingEnhancements.js, as can widely-watchlisted pages where vandalism is quickly reverted anyway.
This "whitelist voting" page is a mechanism for proposing and publicizing the addition of a user or page to that group/script; the principle is to have as "lightweight" of a vote as possible without succumbing to any one person's whims. The existence and purpose of this page were made official by Wiktionary:Votes/pl-2008-09/Whitelisted users autopatrol; the details of its functioning are fairly well established now, but still not official per se.
Also see Special:Log/rights.
Tentative guidelines are: remove entries here that are stagnant for two or more weeks. Remove whitelisted entries immediately, or after a couple of days.
- Umbreon126 (talk • contribs • rights)
- An editor familiar with Chinese should check first, just to be sure.
- Droigheann (talk • contribs • rights)
- Kiwima (talk • contribs • rights)
- Nominated by: —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 02:46, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- Approved by:
- I would like to vote defer for the time being. Equinox ◑ 23:55, 30 March 2015 (UTC)