Wizard of Oz
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, a 1900 book by L. Frank Baum, or any of its adaptations, about the journey of Dorothy through the magical Land of Oz in search of a way home.
- One of the main characters in that and subsequent works, a man in the Emerald City with great recognition but, as ultimately revealed, no magical power.
- 2006 October 25, Joe Scarborough, interview with Bill Mahar, Scarborough Country, MSNBC
- I'm not one of these people that say, “Listen, we should bow down to the Wizard of Oz ’cause we don’t know what’s going on behind that curtain.”
- 2007 April 2, Elizabeth Shogren, “High Court Rebukes EPA on Emissions, Environment”, All Things Considered, National Public Radio
- It was kind of like when Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz learned she always had the power to go home.
the book The Wizard of Oz
the eponymous character