See also: X-verse
- (fandom slang) The fictional world, or universe, which serves as the setting for the Marvel Comics and film series featuring the characters, the X-Men.
- 2009, Rebecca Housel, Jeremy Wisnewski (editors), X-Men and Philosophy: Astonishing Insight and Uncanny Argument in the Mutant X-Verse, John Wiley & Sons.
2009, David Kyle Johnson, Heroes and Philosophy: Buy the Book, Save the World, page 50:
- First and most common is the charge that numerous characters in Heroes have powers of preexisting comic book characters, especially from the X-Men. […] Even Isaac Mendez's power to paint the future predates him in a character from the X-verse—Nemesio from District X.
- 2010, William Irwin, David Kyle Johnson, Introducing Philosophy Through Pop Culture: From Socrates to South Park, page 88,
- And if Parfit is right, it should make you think twice about how quickly you judge all of the characters in the X-Verse (and the real world). […] In the X-Verse we should be less dubious of Emma Frost working with the X-Men; […] .