- A Roman numeral representing the number 20.
From X chromosome.
- (biology) Having a female configuration of chromosomes as per the XY system.
- 2001, Kenneth L. Becker (ed), Principles and Practice of Endocrinology and Metabolism, →ISBN, page 857:
- An autosomal recessive gene causes gonadal dysgenesis in XX individuals, and several distinct entities have been identified.
- 2007, Fima Lifshitz (ed), Pediatric Endocrinology, Volume 2, →ISBN, page 358:
- If a Y chromosome is present in an XX-karyotyped individual, gonadal removal is necessary due to the risk of gonadoblastoma.
- 2009, Gerald N. Callahan, Between XX and XY: Intersexuality and the Myth of Two Sexes, →ISBN, page 30:
- The group at John Hopkins, as well as many others, dropped the "true sex" policy (such as XX or XY) and adopted the "optimal gender" policy for assigning sex to sexually ambiguous children.
- (biology) Synonym of
- (clothing) Extra large, a garment size