Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: aetheogam
aëtheogam (plural aëtheogams)
- Alternative spelling of
- 1839, John Lindley, School Botany, volume ix, page 151:
- Aëtheogams, plants furnished with air vessels and stomates or air pores.
- 1900, Benjamin Daydon Jackson, A Glossary of Botanic Terms: With Their Derivation and Accent,
(4th Ed.; Duckworth):
- aëtheʹos (ἀήθης, unusual), in compounds = unusual ; aëtheogamʹic, aëtheogʹamous (γάμος, marriage), synonymous with cryptogamic.
- For spelling considerations, see aetheogam#Usage notes.
- aëtheogamous (botany)