Jump to navigation Jump to search
- aan't (informal)
- IPA(key): /aːnət/ (normal)
- IPA(key): /aːnt/ (contracted)
- IPA(key): /aːnɦət/, /aːnɦɛt/ (formal; spelling pronunciation)
- Forms the continuous aspect, together with the gerund and with zijn as auxiliary verb.
- Ik ben aan het eten.
- I am eating. (lit. I am on the eat. / I am at eating.)
- Ik was aan het eten.
- I was eating. (lit. I was on the eat. / I was at eating.)
- Wat ben je aan het doen?
- What are you doing? (lit. What are you on the do? / What are you at doing?)
- Ik ben de afwas aan het doen.
- I am washing up. (lit. I am the wash-up on the do. / I am at washing up.)