Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: afoxé
- (music) A genre of Afro-Brazilian music
- 1990, December 28, “Fernando Gonzalez”, in Two Daring Journeys into Brazilian Music:
- "Afros E Afoxes de Bahia" offers a sampling of afros and afoxe groups and features singers such as Gilberto Gil and Margareth Menezes.
- 2007 May 17, Ben Ratliff, “Cuban Music, Good for Dancing, and for Thinking About as Well”, in New York Times:
- It now brings together son, guajira, guaracha with New Orleans funk, Nigerian Afrobeat, South American cumbia, James Brown rhythms, Haitian compas, Brazilian afoxe, New York City boogaloo and even jam-band stuff predicated on electric guitars as much as hand drums.
genre of Afro-Brazilian music