Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: īl'yo͝oərəfĭʹlĭăk, IPA(key): /ˌaɪljʊəɹəˈfɪlɪ.æk/
- (General American) enPR: īlo͝o'rəfĭʹlēăk, IPA(key): /aɪˌlʊɹəˈfɪliæk/
ailurophiliac (not comparable)
- Appropriate or pleasing to ailurophiles.
2001, Katharine M. Rogers, The Cat and the Human Imagination: Feline Images from Bast to Garfield, University of Michigan Press, ISBN 9780472087501, page 95:
- Gautier’s love of cats was notable even in his ailurophiliac time and place: Nadar made a famous caricature of him sitting plump and happy in his study with a crowd of cats occupying every inch of available space.
2006, Katharine M. Rogers, Cat, Reaktion Books, ISBN 9781861892928, page 91:
- Théophile Gautier’s love of cats was notable even in his ailurophiliac time and place. One of his favourites, Madame Théophile, was ‘so called because she lived with me on a footing of conjugal intimacy’, following him everywhere and at mealtime often hooking morsels ‘on their way from my plate to my mouth’.