Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dialectal) early
- 1857, S. H. Hammond, Wild Northern Scenes:
- The winter had set in airly, and the snow had lain deep for months, and the game of the woods had got pretty well starved out.
- 1887, Homer Greene, Burnham Breaker:
- Ye're up airly the mornin'.
- 1921, Nellie L. McClung, Purple Springs:
- "They're comin' airly," said John Watson, slowly, as he shook down the bag of seed wheat that he had just filled; "but I guess they are the best judge of whether they can make a livin' outside any longer."