alderperson (plural alderpeople)
- (nonstandard, rare) An alderman of any gender; a member of a city council.
- 1992 February 14, Maryanne Burgess, “Re: Respect”, in Chicago Reader:
- That is the problem with Dorothy's Third Ward, all these years she has been alderperson she has not made any deals to better that pigsty.
- 2007 August 24, Mike Koskiewicz, “On Taxes and TIF Spending”, in Chicago Reader:
- With Daley's iron grip and his loyal band of alderpeople, he will continue to ride roughshod over what appears to be a very complacent Chicago populace.