Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Obsolete spelling of (all senses)
- 1921, Paul Klapper, The Teaching of Arithmetic: A Manual for Teachers, D. Appleton and Company, page 231:
- The Algorism in Addition of Fractions. — There are two accepted forms of work in addition of fractions...
- 1948, Øystein Ore, Number Theory and Its History, page 20:
- The works of al-Khowarizmi were translated into Latin, and through a perversion of his name the art of computing with Hindu-Arabic numerals became known as algorism.