Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Ireland, Scotland) am not
- "Are you ready for the cold weather?" "No, I amn't."
- "I'm ready to do that. Amn't I?"
- 1904, Oliver St. John Gogarty, The Song of the Cheerful (but slightly Sarcastic) Jesus:
- If anyone thinks that I amn’t divine,
He gets no free drinks when I’m making the wine
- 2004 An Coimisinéir Teanga, Frequently Asked Questions
- I phoned a government office but nobody there had any Irish so I couldn't do my business with them in Irish. Amn't I entitled under the Act to conduct business with any Government office in Irish?
- 2017 November 18, Al Porter, quoted in Patrick Freyne, "Al Porter: ‘After wild sex with a priest, I realised the priesthood was not for me’", The Irish Times:
- Now, I’m very conscious of what I am or amn’t referencing from those eras, and I’m so comfortable with that – being a reinvention of a retro kind of thing.
- Contraction of .