Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: angels dancing on the head of a pin
- Adjectival or attributive form of angels dancing on the head of a pin.
1995, David Murray Schneider & Richard Handler, Schneider on Schneider — CL: the conversion of the Jews and other anthropological stories, page 201:
- And also, many of the problems I’d had with what seemed to me to be — I don’t know what you’d call it — the angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin aspect…
1998, Daniel Clement Dennett, Brainchildren: Essays on Designing Minds, 1984–1996, page 75:
- If that isn’t an angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin question, what would be?
- 2003: Simon Hoggart, The Guardian Unlimited: QC floats like a butterfly, stings like IDS
- Finally, there was an angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin argument about whether Dr Kelly worked “in” the MoD or “for” the MoD.