Jump to navigation Jump to search
- anthropomorphise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- (transitive) To endow with human qualities.
- (transitive) To attribute human characteristics to (something that is non-human).
- 2018 June 15, Emma Brockes, “No, Facebook, I won’t be back. I’ve seen the dangers of habitual sharing”, in The Guardian:
- It has been two months since I last checked my feed, during which time Facebook has sent me notifications I didn't sign up for, informing me every time someone posts, and invited me to attend locally organised focus groups. […] Of course, I am anthropomorphising a machine; no one is in charge of all this.
attribute human qualities