- (pathology) Exhibiting or relating to apnea: no longer breathing
- 1994 March 11, Donna Bergen, “On Brain Death”, in Chicago Reader:
- Rarely (in cases which trouble us all) our new tools find themselves applied to bodies which in any prior human era would have become apneic in seconds, pulseless in minutes, rigid in hours, and putrid in days […] .
- 2000 September 15, Chris T. Bond et al., “Respiration and Parturition Affected by Conditional Overexpression of the Ca2 -Activated K Channel Subunit, SK3”, in Science, volume 289, number 5486, DOI:10.1126/science.289.5486.1942, pages 1942-1946:
- In three animals, apneic episodes in the second minute of hypoxia necessitated termination of the hypoxic challenge.
exhibiting or relating to apnea