Jump to navigation Jump to search
- arvo (Australian)
arvy (plural arvies)
- (Britain, informal) Afternoon.
- 2006, Tsitsi Dangarembga, The Book of Not: A Sequel to Nervous Conditions, page 215:
- ‘Howzit going?’ Tracey repeated. Before I could answer she rushed on, ‘I′ve got a nine-thirty. I won't be back before lunch, but maybe first thing this arvy. By the way,’ she flung over her shoulder, ‘It′s got to be read, hey! Make sure you get Belinda to type it, Tambu.’
- 2009, Faye Sakura Rentoule, Angel Service, page 39:
- “Well, you haven't explained to me why you were wasted already by 5 o'clock in the arvy,” I retorted.