Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In an assiduous manner; diligently, industriously.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 12, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- There were many wooden chairs for the bulk of his visitors, and two wicker armchairs with red cloth cushions for superior people. From the packing-cases had emerged some Indian clubs, […], and all these articles […] made a scattered and untidy decoration that Mrs. Clough assiduously dusted and greatly cherished.
- 2003, Matrix Reloaded, The Architect
- While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.