Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In an asthmatic manner.
- 1922, P. G. Wodehouse, Right Ho, Jeeves:
- He came in and stood breathing asthmatically.
- 1915, William J. Locke, Jaffery:
- The Chinese Puffhard excelled herself, and though she choked asthmatically did not really stop once until we were half way up the drive, when I abandoned her to the gardeners, who later on harnessed the donkey to her and pulled her into the motor-house.
- 1864, John Hanning Speke, The Discovery of the Source of the Nile:
- He was not an old man, though he affected to be so--walking very slowly and deliberately, coughing asthmatically, glimmering with his eyes, and mumbling like a witch.