Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original, of having the same origin (or attribution, commitment, intention, etc.) as claimed.
- I hereby certify the authenticity of this copy.
- The authenticity of this painting is questionable.
- 2018, James Lambert, “A multitude of ‘lishes’: The nomenclature of hybridity”, in English World-Wide, page 2:
- Urban Dictionary records at least 66 of the terms found by the present research, but as this dictionary liberally accepts words, definitions, and sample sentences based solely on the say-so of contributors, in the absence of corroboration from other sources the authenticity of some entries must remain dubious.
- (obsolete) The quality of being authentic (of established authority).
- (quality of being genuine): genuineness
the quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original