Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A work or medium used (mostly) for the purpose of boosting the enjoyment of another medium.
- He listened to music on his media player while he worked out on the treadmill; a classic use of background fodder.
- 2002, Billboard (volume 114, number 23, page 35)
- Yet, a richer diversity of song texture and timbre would elevate this 12-track collection from gorgeous, atmospheric background fodder to a set that reverberates with more distinction.
- 2013, Michael N. Salda, Arthurian Animation: A Study of Cartoon Camelots on Film and Television
- In the refocused narrative of King Arthur's Knights, Malory's larger Arthuriad—from the sword in the stone to the final conflict between Arthur and Mordred—becomes background fodder for Gareth's foreground adventures.