- plural of backpacker
backpackers (plural backpackers)
- A hostel catering to backpackers.
2002, Laura Harper, Tony Mudd, and Paul Whitfield, New Zealand, Rough Guides, →ISBN, page 790:
- If the place really appeals you can stay at the backpackers across the street […]
2004, Mary Fitzpatrick et al., South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland, Lonely Planet, →ISBN, page 199:
- Low-season competition between the several backpackers and many guesthouses in town keeps prices down, but in high season expect steep price hikes (except at the backpackers) and book ahead.
2006, Byron Loker, New Swell, →ISBN, page 76:
- The girl's name was Sherry and she was from England and was staying at the backpackers' near the beach.
- (hostel): Variously written with or without a final apostrophe, as "backpackers" or "backpackers'".