banana ball (plural banana balls)
- (sports) A banana shot
- 1987, Kurt Aschermann, Coaching Kids to Play Soccer, ISBN 0671639366, page 53.
- When trying to bend the ball around defenders, a defensive wall, or the goalie's outstretched hands, the banana ball is used.
2001, Rayne Barton, The Green Hills Golf Chronicles, ISBN 0738847917, page 155:
- Even the lowly banana ball, the bane of so many weekenders, sometimes can be exactly right, as in this case.
- 2009, Christopher Sandford, Imran Khan: The Cricketer, The Celebrity, The Politician, ISBN 000731888X, page 138.
- As we've seen, Imran was among the first to master the art, and in particular the extravagantly curving 'banana ball' that was to bring him a rich harvest of wickets in 1981 and beyond.