Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Bashi-Bazoukery
- Extreme physical violence; brutality; cruelty.
- 1942, Northern California Writers' Program Work Projects Administration, chapter IV, in An Anthology of Music Criticism, page 372:
- […] I knew well the self-important back-patting, the servile admiration, the ambiguous analyses, the petty praise, and the pettier intellectual bashi-bazoukery --'
- 1951, Compton Mackenzie, Vestal Fire, Chatto & Windus (1951), page 168:
- Late though the hour, there were quite enough people about to exaggerate the incident into fifty different versions and turn it into as bloodthirsty a piece of bashi-bazoukery as had ever thrilled Sirene.
- 1960, Blackwood's Magazine, Volume 287, page 544:
- Bashi-bazoukery was rampant in the area of Urfa and Ulysses was bastinadoed mercilessly.