Jump to navigation Jump to search
bedmate (plural bedmates)
- A person with whom one shares a bed.
- Synonym: bedfellow
- 1985, John Fante, Chapter 8, The Road to Los Angeles:
- Catherine of Aragon: wonderful woman, the Queen of England, the bedmate of Henry VIII - that much I knew already.
- 2000, Ralph A. Pascualy, Sally Warren Soest, Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Sleep Well, Feel Better, page 161:
- These [periodic leg movements] may awaken the sleeper, but often they do nor and are more disruptive to the bedmate. If you or your bedmate experience either of these disorders, talk with a sleep specialist about possible treatment
- 2005, John Durand, The Odyssey of Mary B: A True Tale, page 227:
- She wondered where his thoughts were and whether she was anything more to him than a bedmate and housekeeper. She worried whether she'd done something to be the cause of his gloom...