Jump to navigation Jump to search
begang m (nominative plural begangas)
- course, passage, circuit
- Holma begang. — The passage of the deep.
- region, territory, expanse
- Ofer geofenes begang. — Over the sea's expanse. (Beowulf)
- business, undertaking, service
- Hé hine onwende from ealre þisse worlde begangum. — He would trade for Him all this world for service.
- Fram ǽlce begange þis land ligeð tólýsed.
- religious practice
- Ðǽre godcundnesse begang — Divine worship
- superstitious or magical practice
- Sé þe lufige þisses galdres begang. — Lo, see thee here the practice of the wizard.