Jump to navigation Jump to search
beginningless (not comparable)
- Incomplete for lack of a beginning.
- 1829 February, Griffiths, Ralph; Griffiths, George Edward, “Article XIII”, in The Monthly Review, volume 10, page 305:
- But besides this imperfect beginningless story, entitled "William Montgomery," we find in the volume another, of which the title-page gives no hint.
- Eternal; uncreated; having always existed.
- 1980, Rajneesh; Osho; Yoga Vivek; Prem Chinmaya; Ananda Prem, The Supreme Doctrine: Discourses on the Kenopanishad:
- Backwards, it spreads to the beginningless beginning. Forwards, it spreads to the endless end. We are always in the middle.
- 2004, Michie, David, Buddhism for Busy People:
- Beginningless time is one of those concepts which, in our human state, we find difficult to comprehend.
- (having always existed): See also Thesaurus:beginningless