- (transitive) To fasten, as with a lace or cord.
- (transitive) To cover or adorn with lace.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Beaumont to this entry?)
- (transitive, obsolete) To beat with a strap.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wright to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for belace in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)