Jump to navigation Jump to search
bendingly (not comparable)
- (chiefly obsolete) In a manner involving bending.
- 1810, Various authors, The Gentleman's magazine, Volume 80, Part 2, page 42:
- […] he trembled violently ; on replacing him at his seat, the agitation continued, his arms bendingly extended, and with such a look, he thanked me […]
- 1832, John Abercrombie, Thomas Mawe, Every man his own gardener, page 507:
- By layers of the young shoots, may propagate vines, mulberries, figs, filberts,&c. laying them bendingly into the earth, three, four, or five inches deep […]