Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, dialectal) To talk about; discuss; tell; count; give an account (of).
- 1925, Albert Payson Terhune, Najib:
- Likewise and moreover, Howaji, is it a time to betalk ourselves merrily of dates, I request you, when the pasha's visit is to be made preparations for?
- (intransitive, dialectal) To talk repeatedly.
- 1890, Matteo Bandello, The novels of Matteo Bandello: bishop of Agen:
- Nevertheless, ere he departed, he contrived to betalk her to such effect, promising her to gamble no more, that the good woman gave him half a score ducats; [...]