Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The state or condition of being between or in-between; intermediate condition; betweenness.
- 2000, Susan Youens, Hugo Wolf and his Mörike songs:
- Mörike, writes one scholar, is situated historically in a state of Zwischenheit, or “betweenhood”; [...]
- That which is between or in-between; anything intermediate.
- 2004, Anne Freadman, The machinery of talk: Charles Peirce and the sign hypothesis:
- This fence, this gap, this indeterminate betweenhood, is the discursive condition of semiotics, as the semiotic is the condition of all conversation.